If I had a dime for every time I had someone ask me how I manage to do it all, I would be able to buy a lot more forms of caffeine.
And I would have to stop telling people that I don’t do it all. Not even close. Since I don’t want to do that, I will say that what I am is ruthlessly organized and slightly obsessed with planning. In order to fuel this obsession, I consume copious amounts of caffeine.
There are people that have to stop consuming caffeine after a certain hour in the day however I am not one of those people. I am hardy farming stock. Nothing phases us. No, wait, this is not true. The weather. That seems to send most farmers into a tizzy. I mean, as much as anything throws them into a tizzy.
After I had Boy#1, in order to maintain my sanity, I would find myself driving to the coffee shop for a moment of normalcy. I would get a tea and that first sip would soothe out the rough edges. There is very little that can’t be fixed by some tea and a moment of quiet.
Therefore I bring you this reoccurring post which catalogs all the reasons I drink ridiculous amounts of caffeine. Because it’s funny (if only to me) and everyone needs a little funny now and then, no?
- First and most importantly, Boy #1 started back to hockey this week. Every second day for the next two weeks. Yet I still haven’t thawed out from last season.
- Boy #3 is done with daycare and I have a case of the sads over it.
- The latest round of decluttering (I like to call it The Purge. But people tell me that’s a movie, so I don’t want to cause confusion right out of the gate) has begun. Current status: I can’t see my bedroom floor.
- The Purge has caused me to rethink my business strategy and formalize some areas of our tshirt printing business. I don’t have time for it, but it needs to get done.
- Finally, Boy #2 and Boy #3 outright laughed in my face when I got mad at them. At the hockey arena. In front of other parents.
And that was this week’s adventures in caffeine. Please tell me that I’m not the only one who finds comfort in a coffee cup?