Well, I made it through the trial by fire that was last Saturday.
And I wish I could say that things are going to go smoother from here on out. But the truth is that this is just the beginning of the busiest 6 months. Hockey season. So much to do, just pass the caffeine.
Reasons I Need Caffeine This Week
- The fair has come to town for the weekend. Last night we took the boys to the Demolition Derby. If you ever want to totally enthrall a boy, take him to watch people smash cars. It was a late night, and an early morning which means there will be much crankiness tonight, and not all of it will be from my children.
- I decided that (Saturday, the 1st of October) this will be the day that I publicly announce that I have a blog. I’m only slightly terrified.
- We are capping off an epic Saturdayschedul of two practices, a game, and two dentist appointments with family pictures with my siblings and my dad. I am very much looking forward to the updated pictures. But I’m very much concerned about the state of the boys by the time we get out there. Here’s hoping at least the youngest naps on the way.
- There is a pile of stuff in my kitchen that needs to be dealt with this weekend before it drives me totally out of my mind. And I have Sunday morning to deal with it.
- It is October and I haven’t started Christmas shopping. I am one of those obnoxious people that typically has everything on it’s way to me by now. That is not the case this year and based on the schedule ahead of me, I might get to it by mid-November. Maybe. If I’m lucky.
Seriously, at some point I’m probably going to have to consider not sleeping. And then I’ll try it and remember that I kind of suck without sufficient sleep and will be forced to reassess. Apparently I know myself well, but I don’t learn too quickly. Pass the coffee. Please.