I don’t mean to alarm anyone but Winter is Coming.
This week saw the chilly mornings of waning fall. There was frost on my car a couple of those mornings. A lot of my days at work have been spent wrapped in a blanket because the heat hasn’t kicked on yet. It might happen in November? I don’t know. I just know I was cold this week. And thanks to the holiday I was all turned around. Somehow having an extra day off made me lose a second day. I woke up on Thursday thinking it was Friday.
Now if that isn’t a kick in the gut, I don’t know what is.
Needless to say, there has been many a hot beverage consumed this week in an effort to keep me warm. Amongst other reasons.
Reasons I Need Caffeine This Week
- There’s a 10km run this weekend that is near and dear to my heart. I signed up in January thinking I would be ready to go by October. Clearly I was very wrong. The best I can hope for this weekend is to not come in last and just get across the finish line.
- Boy #2 has an ongoing bug obsession. While this has led to many a teachable moment, it means that I have no Mason jars left in my house that have lids with no “breathing holes” and I’m forever releasing creepy crawlers back into the wilderness.
- Boy #1 told me that he shoots left handed, so I got him a left handed stick only to have him get on the ice and start trying to shoot the right handed way. I even got him to show me a shot. Nope. Didn’t matter. This is why you should not send the rookie in to buy hockey gear.
- The basement reno is well underway and making great progress. But it means that I do not have stairs down to the basement temporarily. Which means that laundry is inaccessible. And that means that I anticipate the descent into anarchy in short order.
- As mentioned at the top of the post, winter is coming. Of all the seasons, winter is the one that I struggle with the most. It’s cold. It’s dark. It requires approximately 72 layers of clothing and accessories just to get out the door. Just. No.
Pass the coffee. Please.