Peeps! I’m back! And on a faster, more reliable internet connection. Or so our new internet provider would have me believe. Here’s hoping, I’ve fallen for their variety of hoodoo before.
But until proven otherwise, let’s enjoy, shall we?
This summer, as a whole, has been weird thanks to wet and unpredictable weather. Which makes the boys schedules’ unpredictable. The plan was to have one in summer camp each week and the other two with HockeyDad at the cottage. Mother Nature has different ideas, so there has been a full house, bored kids and mom losing her mind because how do you plan for this??
Sigh. Routine is coming. School will be back in just 5 short weeks and hockey following shortly thereafter.
Speaking of hockey, let’s recap the week, shall we?
1. Hockey camp: Boy #1 is just wrapping up his first week of hockey camp this summer. Three hours of ice time (in two 90 minute chunks) and an hour in the pool. By the time I pick him up, he is so tired that forming sentences is a lot of work. It’s been a quiet week in our house. That alone is worth every penny we pay for the camp. Boy #1 has one more week later in the summer and Boy #2 has a week at the end of summer.
2. Weather: Last weekend was the only weekend since March where there was no rain forecasted for the weekend. We made the most of it, for sure. Because, guess what? There’s more rain coming. At this point, I’m either going to lose my mind or start building an ark.
3. Running: There is something about being forced onto the couch that kicked me into running gear. Since being cleared by my doctor, I put the alarm clock in my bathroom and have been on the treadmill most weekday mornings at 5:15. I’m a long way from where I was, but at least I’m finally doing something about it. That said, 5:15 comes very, very early. So caffeine is essential.
4. Work: It would seem that our office is either subzero requiring you to wear three layers, a sweater, a winter coat and mittens or it is the seventh circle of hell where just moving your head to look at someone causes a full body sweat. Lately, because the weather has been so humid, we’re in the seventh circle of hell realm. It’s draining at the best of times. If you think that this puts me off hot beverages, and you would be right. Thankfully caffeine comes in many beautiful forms.
5. Technology headaches: Along with Mother Nature’s epic rain, we got a couple banging thunderstorms. We’re talking hail, and wind and rain that came down in sheets. At one point I was looking for the four horsemen. During one of these temper tantrums, lightening seems to have fried every piece of technology that we used to get internet to our house. You know those social media posts you see everywhere that ask if you could live without internet for a period of time? I’ve learned that I can, but I don’t like it and don’t want to.
Coming up this week is swim camp for a boy, a visit with some of my most treasured people and hopefully a continuation of the house organizing project I started last week.
See you at the rink,