So I feel the need to explain a bit. Those of you that have been reading for a whole (all five of you, love & hugs from me), will be familiar with this blog post. When I first started, it was a way to capture the insanity of my life in a weekly recap. I felt like they were more fun for me to look back on than of any real fun for someone to read.
And then, like a lot of things, the weekly recap took a back seat to other things. Hockey things, boy things, life things. It went to the back seat of the school bus. That’s how far back it went.
Until a conversation I had with a friend this summer that made me realize just how much I enjoy writing these check ins.
So with the new school year starting and a new hockey season on the horizon, I figure now is the perfect time to bring it back. And we’ll start with a fresh slate because my memory is awful and this is the easiest path to take.
With that out of the way, I present:
Reasons I Need Caffeine: First Edition
- This week was vacation week for me. I like to take the week before start of school every year to organize things and get everyone ready for the year ahead. Except by this time every summer, they are sick of one another and in desparate need to go back to school (and routine). As a result, the week was anything but a vacation.
- Friday, I took the train to visit one of my favorite people and take in the Ed Sheeran concert. Fabulous show. But a late night. And a lot of anxiety since it was the first time I had ever taken the train. The fallout post trip was real. Overtired was a given.
- I was picked up by my husband and children at the train station in a “new and improved” minivan. The boys are beside-themselves-thrilled with their solution to make the damage to the van look good. For those that haven’t seen it yet, head over to my Instagram. And pass the coffee.
- The hockey season is starting to roll. The emails are coming in about hockey evaluations and the start of the Initiation season. The month has just begun and we’re already running out of weekends. #hockeylife.
- I have to brave the grocery store for the back-to-school stock up. Both my bank account and my patience are going to be in short supply after this. What is it about a holiday weekend that sends people to the grocery store in droves?
It’s time to batten down the hatches and get back to the grind, my fellow hockey parents. May your season be everything you could hope for.
See you at the rink.