Ok, so we are officially in Month 2 of the hockey season. My bones are consistently cold and my whole system is kind of out of whack because it’s trying to figure out why we are going from cold interior to warm exterior in October. I don’t know about your area, but where I am I do not anticipate +24 Celsius in October.
All in all, it’s been a decent enough week. We got through last Saturday mostly unscathed. Family pictures went well and I’m looking forward to seeing the results. I got to see my side of the family, which always makes me happy. It was nice to go out and have a meal with them afterwards rather than rushing off to the next thing we had to do. We also finished up the dentist appointments for the older two boys. Thank goodness for benefits, that’s all I have to say about that.
And without any further ado, I present this week’s list of Reasons I Need Caffeine This Week
- It’s Thanksgiving here in Canada. Which means that we have a long weekend coming up. I’m looking forward to sitting around with a cup of tea with the Husband’s side of the family after enjoying our Thanksgiving meal.
- On a slightly less soothing note, I’ve been getting up at 5am the last few days in order to get my system used to it so that I can get back to running in the morning. My system is putting up a valiant fight.
- Despite the nice warm weather we’re having, I know that winter is coming. And my boys are like their momma and get all kinds of cranky when they are cold. So, I took advantage of a sale and purchased all new winter gear for them. Even with the sale the price tag is nauseating.
- All the paperwork for hockey is due, along with team fees this weekend. I need to remember to make out cheques and fill out forms. And then bring said cheques and forms to the rink. Times three kids. That’s a lot of forms and cheques.
- People around me are starting to talk about Christmas. And as discussed last week, I am most definitely not a last minute shopper. The fact that I have only bought two presents to date is giving me an eye twitch.
As I’m sure you can tell, this weekend isn’t the warp speed of movement that my last few have been, and I’m tempting the Fates but this week has been shockingly low key. Don’t worry though, when it comes to me, there are always several good reasons for caffeine consumption.